The Services are intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact Customer Service using the contact information below.
- 1. INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE SITE
Range may obtain various types of personal data about users of the Services and non-customer Site visitors. This data may include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address);
- Information about products ordered or provided;
- Information collected through Internet-based and e-commerce activities such as information obtained from log files, cookies, clear gifs (i.e., web bugs), images, and scripts;
- Customer service and demographic data such as gender, income level, and information about your prior experiences with Range's products.
- Information collected from our third-party service providers; and
- Other transaction-related data.
We also may use certain tracking technologies described below to collect, store, or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this Site, including your browsing history, preferences, internet addresses, unique identifiers, device types, device location, and other similar information.
- 2. INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
When providing the Services we may also collect the following information about your computer or other device, including:
- Device information, such as the operating system version, processor type, disk space, memory space, and number of drivers;
- Information about software on your computer, including the version of certain software programs and when they were installed and/or upgraded; and
- Information collected from logs, configuration files, registry keys, and other system or software-level information.
The data collected under this Section II is generally anonymous and aggregated. However, if Range needs to have further information to diagnose certain kinds of problems or to monitor your computer for certain events, Range will ask you for permission to collect this additional information. You may authorize or revoke any authorization to identify you during software installation, or by using the control panel in the particular Product.
As part of accessing the Services, you may be asked to provide log-in or similar information so that Range can aggregate data from multiple locations and repositories to display to you within the Services. We work with third parties to enable the transfer of that information to the holders of that data, and your provision of information to those third parties is in accordance with the privacy policies of those third parties. Links to those privacy policies are available for your review prior to the provision of any information, and we advise you to consult them directly. Range does not maintain, store, or otherwise use in any fashion the information you provide via such third parties, except as necessary to provide the Services. Range never has access to log-in or password information for third parties.
- 3. RETAINING, STORING, AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active and as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use your information as reasonably necessary to conduct our business, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- 4. INFORMATION USAGE
You hereby agree that Range may use the personal data you submit in order to:
- Accomplish its business purposes, including to deliver or provide the Services, establish or maintain customer and business relationships, improve the Services, provide access to Internet-based and e-commerce activities, perform accounting functions, and conduct other activities as necessary or appropriate in connection with the Services.
- Market its products and services to you, and the products and services of its third-party partners, including to send you information about products, services, or promotions.
- Send you service updates, announcements, and alerts related to the Services, including notices of security incidents, downtime, or planned maintenance. You may not opt-out of these service communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account and ceasing your use of the Services.
Range may sell, transfer, or disclose personal data, including your contact information, to its affiliates, licensees, partners, and other third parties as appropriate in accordance with the terms of written agreements for legitimate business or marketing purposes.
Range will, in its sole discretion, disclose your personal data to third parties in certain additional limited cases: (1) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights of Range or its customers and vendors; (2) when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so; (3) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of a Site or applicable database or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or restructuring, or the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets, or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process; and (4) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
- 5. INFORMATION SECURITY
Your data is of the utmost importance to us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and other transmission technologies to encrypt your personal data so it cannot be read in transit. In addition, we use secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access to safeguard your personal information in storage. As noted in Section II above, the provision of information to third parties as part of the Services is governed by those third parties’ privacy policies and we do not guarantee the security of information you transmit to them.
Please note that although we employ industry-standard security measures to safeguard the security of your personal information, no transmissions made on or through the Internet are guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure the absolute security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
- 6. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, browser and device fingerprinting, network traffic monitoring, active scripting, recognition technologies, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Site. Further, third parties may use tracking technologies in connection with our Site, which may include the collection and storing of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Statements regarding our practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third parties or the use of the information that such third parties collect. We do however work with third parties to make efforts to have you provided with information on their practices and any available opportunity to exercise choice. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third party advertisers or advertising networks or exchanges or related third parties.
- 7. OTHER SERVICES
If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave the Site you are visiting and be redirected to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we do not accept responsibility for any use of your personal data by such third parties, and we do not guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy policies as Range. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third-party site that is linked to a Site, you should read that third-party site’s privacy statement before providing any personal data.
If you use a forum on any of the Sites, you should be aware that any personal data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these forums. You may remove your post along with your personal data you submit within these forums by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site(s) may include social media features, such as the “Share This” button that allows you to like us on Facebook or share our content on Twitter. These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Sites, and they may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the applicable company.
- 8. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
1. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers (such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- Commercial information (such as transaction data);
- Internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history and information on interaction with a website, application, or advertisement);
- Geolocation data (at an IP-based or city/state/zip level);
- Inference data about you drawn from the data in this section (based on user profile information);
- Legally protected notifications (such as age and gender);
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., information you voluntarily provide as you use the Services, such as additional profile information or user-generated content).
- 2. The Sources From Which the Categories of Personal Information Are Collected
We collect personal data directly from information you provide to us; indirectly from our affiliates, service providers, and other vendors; and indirectly through your interactions with websites or advertisements.
- 3. Business Purposes for Our Collection of Personal Information
The following is a list of the business purposes for our collection of information.
- Provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting;
- Respond to your requests for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service;
- Provide you with updates and information about the Services;
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding our Services and third- party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you;
- Customize the advertising and content you see via the Services;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services;
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve technical issues being reported;
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others; and
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- 4. Sharing of Categories of Personal Information
- 5. CCPA Rights Disclosure
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you and the categories of sources of such information;
- Provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we collect about you; and
- Delete personal information we have about you.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. You may only make such a request twice within a twelve-month period. Requests are generally free; however, we may charge a reasonable fee or deny your request if it is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive.
To make a CCPA request, please contact us at email@example.com. We will request information, which at a minimum will include your name and email address, to verify your identity. We may request additional information to verify your identity before responding to a request. Under the CCPA, you may have an authorized agent submit a request on your behalf, and we will collect certain authorization and verification information from the agent and you in such circumstances.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under applicable law.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6. California Do Not Sell Notice and Information Request
If you are a California resident, the CCPA provides you with the right to opt out of the "sale" of your "personal information." We may allow some of our advertising partners to collect certain pieces of information from our site visitors, such as device identifiers, cookies, advertising IDs, IP addresses, and usage activity, so that we and our partners can deliver ads that are more relevant to you. This type of information sharing with our advertising partners may be considered a "sale" under the CCPA. If you want to opt out of these activities, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that some or all of the Services may not function if you choose to opt out of such activities.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve calendar months. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.